In accordance with the relevant policies on epidemic prevention and control, all passengers departing from Hong Kong are required to provide a paper copy of the negative PCR test report taken within 48 hours before the scheduled flight departure (infants and children are not exempt).
Note: A PCR test issued 24-hour before departure would also be required when travelling to Guangdong (GD) or Macao to avoid hiccups when crossing the border.
The PCR test report shall conform to the following requirements:
- The department issuing the PCR test report must be a designated PCR testing institution in Hong Kong recognized by the Government of the Hongkong Special Administrative Region of China. To view the list, click here.
- The sampling method must be indicated on the PCR test report, and the sampling method must be one of the followings:
- Nasopharyngeal swab for individuals aged 6 years old and above
- Combined nasal and throat swab for children aged less than 6 years old.
- The sampling time must be indicated on the PCR test report, and the passenger clearance time is within 48 hours after the sampling period.