Please refer to the latest entry requirements to Tunisia before applying for a Tunisian visa.
The earliest you can apply for this visa is three months and the latest is a month in advance of the travel date.
In this article, I will introduce the following procedures:
- Visa exemption for Chinese tourist groups
- List of general documents required for the visa application
- List of additional documents required for a Tourist Visa (individuals and groups of less than 10 travelers)
- List of additional documents required for Tunisian Transit visa
- List of additional documents required for a family visit
- Visa Fees
Visa Exemption for Chinese tourist groups
On February 17, 2023, the Chinese embassy in Tunisia announced that certain group travelers will be exempted from applying for a visa before visiting Tunisia.
To qualify for the visa exemption, the Chinese tourists’ group needs to meet ALL of the following conditions:
- The group must consist of 10 travelers or more.
- Holder of a valid Chinese passport on the date of entry and exit to/from Tunisia
- Possess a Round-trip Ticket to the original destination.
- A hotel booking issued by a travel agency or a hotel in Tunisia (Bon-Voucher)
- if the hotel reservation is paid through a third-party platform, it is necessary to ensure that the fee has been paid to the hotel.
- The hotel booking should not exceed 90 days.
List of general documents required for the Visa application:
- (02) Copies of the application form typed or handwritten in capital letters on both sides and signed by the applicant (Profession should be well mentioned).
- (02) Recent identity color photos (2 inches). (2 copies).
- (01) Valid passport at least 6 months on the date of travel and have at least 2 visa pages clear of any markings.
- (02) Copies of the residence permit in China Mainland, Hong Kong S.A.R., or Macau S.A.R. if you are a non-Chinese national.
- Copies of all the documents are requested.
List of additional documents required for a Tourist Visa (individuals and groups of 10 travelers or less):
- (02) Copies of Hotel Booking (Bon-Voucher)
- (02) Copies of return flight booking
- (02) Copies of proof of Funds to cover the stay in Tunisia
List of additional documents required for Transit Visa:
- (01) Visa of the country of destination
- (01) Document justifying Tunisia’s accommodation (Airplane ticket Reservation, hotel booking if the persons plan to stay in Tunisia for more than 24 hours).
List of additional documents required for Family Visit Visa:
- (01) Invitation letter (plus a color copy of the inviter’s passport or ID card)
- (01) Certificate of Relationship: for example, marriage or birth certificate
- Airplane ticket Reservation
- (01) Document justifying the accommodation in Tunisia (hotel booking, and evidence for the payment of accommodation expenses).
When applying for a Tunisian visa, there is a non-refundable mandatory visa fee every applicant must pay. The visa fee must be paid to the embassy in cash. The different visa fees are available here.